Thank you to Lauren over at LJonesEdition for nominating me for this award, find out more info below.
– Thank the person/people who nominated you.
– Answer the eleven questions from your nominator(s).
– Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions to answer.
So here’s the eleven questions that were chosen by Lauren:
1. What is your favorite book?
My favourite book of the summer (I’m choosing of the summer because it’s too hard to pick just ONE book as a favourite) is Black Cairn Point by Claire McFall. It was so fantastically creepy. I was hooked straight away and couldn’t put the book down. I read it almost in one sitting, which is rare for me!
2. Who is your favorite author?
Without a doubt, Brandon Sanderson. My boyfriend introduced me to his Mistborn trilogy last year and I devoured them. I’m now slowly working my way through all of his works and even reading the Wheel of Time series because Sanderson wrote the later books!
3. Where do you like to read?
I will literally read anywhere. In my bed, in the bath, on the bus, on the train, sofa, standing, anywhere! I have no preference.
4. Paperback or Hard Cover?
I may be one of the few people who actually hate hardback books. I just like to have a floppy paperback to read rather than something solid and awkward…
5. Actual Book or Ebook?
Actual book all the way. Don’t get me wrong, I love my kindle, but you just can’t replace that new book smell!
6. Who’s your favorite character?
Oof! This is a toughie! Favourite character without specifying a book or series? Favourite character ever… Probably Kelsier from the Mistborn trilogy. He was badass and an amazing character with great quips. Love him.
7. What’s your favorite genre?
I am a fantasy girl through and through.
8. Book you most relate to?
I’m not really sure with this one. I haven’t really read a book and thought ‘yup, this is happening to me, I can totally relate’. There have been odd moments when I connect with a character: Harriet Manners from Geek Girl or Archie from Geekhood.
9. Book you hated?
The Death Instinct by Jed Rubenfeld or Doll Face by Tim Curren. Both of these books are the worst ones I’ve read since I started blogging. The first was so slow it was like pulling teeth trying to read it – which I did eventually manage and should probably have gotten a medal for! The second was too graphically sexual in nature when it didn’t need to be. I have no issues with sexual content in books when it’s warranted, this one didn’t need it.
10. Favorite movie adaptation?
Having not seen a lot of movie adaptations, I’m going to go with Stardust – originally written by Neil Gaiman. Having read the book, I actually preferred the movie!
11. If you wrote a book what would the title be?
I can answer this one easily enough seeing as I have written a book – or three. I have a fantasy series that is called the Felinora trilogy – consisting of The Daisy, The Rose, and The Thistle. Then there’s my middle grade fantasy/adventure That’s Charming. I have another fantasy series, the first of which is called Ashlyn and the Lost Prince. Then there’s An Epic Tale, Within These Walls, Anora… I could go on, I have so many WIPs.
I’m not going to tag anyone this time around (I’m being lazy!) but I will leave 11 questions for anyone who wishes to answer them (and do let me know in the comments if you use them for your own post!).
- Have you ever read a book outside of your comfort zone and actually enjoyed it? If so, what was it?
- If you had to pick a character from any book to be your mentor/guide through life, who would you pick and why?
- You’re trapped in a dungeon in a castle – in the cell to your left is a character you have been dying to meet in real life, in the cell to your right is a character you wouldn’t want to meet in your worst nightmares. They strike up a conversation – what would it be like?
- What book makes you think of home?
- If you could swap lives with any character for one day, who would it be and why?
- Can you name five authors who share a name with you? (first or last)
- Have you ever read something because everyone else seemed to have read and loved it, and then hated it?
- What is the one book series you could not live without?
- Imagine every book in the world is housed in one room, and that room is on fire. You can only save five books, what would you save?
- Do you enjoy reading shorter books (200-350 pages) or longer books (400+)?
- What has been the greatest thing you’ve discovered since you started blogging?
So there you go! I’d love to know people’s answers for these! Even if you don’t want to do your own blog post, please feel free to comment below and let me know your answers 🙂