This is not going to become a regular feature – I hope – but I wanted to do a public post about this because I need the accountability to get me to actually follow through with this.
I, yesterday, looked at my ‘currently reading’ shelf on Goodreads and my jaw dropped. I know that I have a habit of reading a lot of books at once, but I was actually shocked at the number of books I’ve picked up, read a bit of, and then stopped reading for whatever reason.
So, here’s my side challenge for the month. I want to finish reading all of the books that are already in my ‘currently reading’ shelf. I will obviously still be attempting to complete most of my February TBR as well – and the fact that we’re now almost 2/3 of the way through the month doesn’t bode well for getting all of these finished – but we’ll see how it goes.
Here’s the books that are currently in my Currently Reading shelf:
- Just One Damned Thing After Another – Jodi Taylor (pg.49)
- I Let You Go – Clare Mackintosh (pg.124)
- Rosie Goes To War – Alison Knight (pg.89)
- Orion’s Curse – Amy Bartelloni (25%)
- The Bones of the Earth – Scott Bury (3%)
- Suckers – Z. Rider (9%)
- Sacrificed – Emily Wibberley (28%)
- Half Lost – Sally Green (pg.18)
- Diary – Chuck Palahniuk (pg.30)
- Magruder’s Curiosity Cabinet – H.P. Wood (14%)
- A Robot In The Garden – Deborah Install (8%)
- Death Masks – Jim Butcher (pg.38)
- Alice In Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass – Lewis Carroll (pg.190)
- A Darkness At The End – Ruth Frances Long (pg.36)
- Eleanor & Park – Rainbow Rowell (pg.
- Unbecoming – Jenny Downham (pg.218)
- Elantris – Brandon Sanderson (Not Started)
- One Piece: Skypeia 28-29-30, Vol.10 – Eiichiro Oda (Not Started)
- Corpus – Rory Clements (pg.57)
- The Eye Of The World – Robert Jordan (pg.64)
- Harry Potter and the Philospher’s Stone Illustrated Edition – J.K. Rowling & Jim Kay (pg. 14)
- As I Descended – Robin Talley (8%)
- Foul Is Fair – Jeffrey Cook (8%)
- In Another Life – Carys Jones (33%)
- Buzz Books 2017 Young Adult Spring/Summer Collection – Publishers Lunch (49%)
- Code Name Verity – Elizabeth Wein (pg.57)
- The Code of Magic – David D. Hammons (6%)
- A Thousand Cuts – Thomas Mogford (pg.9)
- The Witchfinder’s Sister – Beth Underdown (pg.183)
- The Sun Is Also A Star – Nicola Yoon (pg.304)
Okay… that was actually way more than I was expecting and there’s no way I’ll be able to read all of these books by the end of this month so maybe this will be an on-going Saturday post for a while.
I’ll obviously be adding to my Currently Reading shelf as I pick up more books but for the time being, these books will be given priority. Let’s see how long it takes me to actually get this list down to 0 (and then keep it under 5!).
Do you have the same problem as me? How many books are in your Currently Reading Shelf?